Tax time can be very daunting. Not knowing what to claim or how to lodge a tax return is a worrying issue. There are so many requirements that it is hard to keep up to date and know what is right for you.  That is where The Tax Avenue can help.  We realise as a student, visa holder or a student taking a gap year there are many, many variables.  We can ask you the right questions and guide you through the process so you can get your maximum refund.

Our expertise is your guarantee

We are professional and knowledgeable so you can be assured that what we do is compliant with all legalisation and regulatory bodies requirements.  But most importantly we can manage you through the progression, so you are comfortable and confident with the outcome. We explain everything in an easy-to-understand manner, so you are not overwhelmed with jargon.

Some of the questions we get asked by overseas students and visa holders are:

  • How do I get a tax file number?
  • What can I claim?
  • I have never done a tax return in Australia before, what am I supposed to do?
  • I work part time and study what can I claim?
  • What receipts do I need to keep?
  • What documentation do I need?
  • Can I claim my course fee?
  • Can I claim travel cost to Uni or college?
  • Am I liable for Medicare Leavy?
  • Am I getting full refund if this is my first year in Australia?

  • Income   
  • Medicare Levy or exemption
  • Spouse Details
  • Dependents
  • Private Health Insurance
  • Student Loans
    • HELP (Higher Education Loan Program)
    • SSL (Student Start-up Loan)
    • TSL (Trade Support Loan)
    • SFSS (Student Financial Supplement Scheme)
  • PAYG Payment Summary / Income Statement
  • Employee Share Scheme (ESS) Statement
  • Business Activities
  • Overseas Assets
  • Work Related Car Expenses
  • Uniforms
  • Work related Education - Self Education
  • Mobile Phone
  • Internet costs
  • Home Office expenses
  • Interest & Dividend Deductions
  • Donations
  • Personal Superannuation Contributions

If you are looking for Student Tax Returns Services in Sydney, call us today to see how we can help you!

Call us on 02 8608 5002